Your Journey into the Future of Object Storage Starts Here
The ambitions of CORTX™ are global, and our community is, too. CORTX is 100% open-source project and the contributions of community members like you is a key element of its success.
The goal of this challenge is to connect CORTX to data services and tools in ways that facilitate moving, storing, or activating data at scale. The future of object storage starts here, with you.
- About CORTX
- Github Quick Start Guide & CORTX VM
- Submission Guidelines
- Friday, April 23rd | 8am PDT | Kick-off & Interactive Workshop
CORTX is a system for the efficient capture and consolidation of truly massive unstructured data sets. CORTX combines innovations in object storage software engineering with advancements in storage hardware to ensure that every petabyte is used at max efficiency.
The goal of this challenge is to connect CORTX to data services and tools in ways that facilitate moving, storing, or activating data at scale. An outstanding submission will include:
- A demonstratably working integration between CORTX and another system, tool, or platform that has high impact potential (e.g. a tool, system, or platform that is core to multiple industries or domains)
- The integration should be submitted to the CORTX main repository on GitHub as a pull request. The pull request should also include written documentation which briefly defines the intention behind the integration and what it does, in addition to all necessary instructions and documentation. An outstanding pull request will include directions that are clear, accessible, and easily reproducible. The inclusion of relevant screenshots, expected outputs and/or common errors and what they mean is the mark of an exemplary submission.
- A video that briefly explains the integration, demonstrates its functionality, and provides intstructions in how to set up and run the integration should be created and linked in the pull request. And outstanding submission would include an explanation of the integration use case- in other words, why and how it is useful or impactful. An exemplary video will be marked by directions that are easily understood, concise, and contain relevant visuals. An outstanding submission will have instructions are easily reproduced and include tips on how to know if set up has succeeded or failed.
- Submissions will also earn points based on their technical complexity. An integration that connects to a platform that is very complex or which uses a large number of different functions will score more highly than a simple integration. Alternatively, an submission that integrates with the Motr core rather than the S3 layer will score highly under the technical complexity category.